How can you ensure that your systems are secure without slowing down your deployments? With Chef Automate compliance, you express your security requirements as code and automate the assessment and remediation of your infrastructure.
This uses the official courseware from Chef Software Inc.
In the instructor-led Chef Automate compliance course, you will learn how to use the Chef Automate compliance UI, perform compliance scans against Windows and Linux nodes, and remediate compliance issues.
In addition, you will learn how to use InSpec, Chef’s open source testing framework for infrastructure. You will create and modify compliance profiles and you will also learn how to use the Chef audit cookbook, which allows you to run InSpec compliance profiles as part of the chef-client run. This course includes hands-on exercises to reinforce the material.
One-day course agenda:
- Chef Automate compliance overview
- Using the Chef Automate UI
- Running compliance scans, remediating issues, and re-scanning nodes
- Creating and managing custom compliance profiles using InSpec
- Using the audit cookbook
- Scheduling scans and running reports
It’s best that learners have some familiarity with:
- Writing code (of just about any flavor) in a text editor such as nano, emacs or vi/vim
- Working on the command line